- Console displays - time, number of steps, energy consumption, step
- Exercise modes - constant resistance
- Resistance system - manually adjusted permanent magnet brake
- Heart rate measurement - handgrip pulse measurement
- Power supply - console batteries
- Length - 57.5 inches
- Width - 25.5 inches
- Height - 62 inches
- Weight - 135 lbs
- Maximum user weight - 245 lbs.
- Notes - Option to preset training goals (time, counts, energy
consumption), programmable maximum heart rate limit
- Effective dual action design works major
upper and lower body muscle groups simultaneously. Unique Scandinavian
styling and space efficient design compliment any decor.
- Easy to use meter displays all training
feedback simultaneously (counts, kcal, pulse, counts/min, and time).
- The meter also enables pre setting time,
calories and max. pulse limit for increased training motivation.
- Pulse sensors in the handle bars make it
easy and convenient to measure your pulse.
- Magnetic braking system guarantees smooth
and virtually silent pedalling.
- Ergonomically designed, adjustable foot
plates ensure correct exercising position.
- Welded steel frame provides stability
- Natural, smooth elliptical motion is easy
on the joints.
- Transportation wheels make it easy to move
- Indexed tension knob with 9 resistance
The heart rate measurement is
based on electrical impulses registered from the heart, whereas pulse meters
measure peripheral circulation e.g. via an ear clip or a handgrip to
calculate the pulse rate. If you use a heart rate controlled exercise
program or if the heart rate value is of importance to you, Tunturi
recommends using a transmitter belt for continuous heart rate measurement.
Pulse measurement is in principle equally accurate, but functionally more
limited and for some users unreliable way of measurement
In the pre-set
training profiles, the changes of training intensity will take place
automatically - this makes training interesting and motivating. Furthermore,
Tunturi have carefully designed the pre-set training profiles for various
exercise targets, and they give maximum effect towards the desired exercise
target. In brief, the greatest benefit of the pre-set profiles is that they
make effective training very easy.
In cycles and ellipticals,
Tunturi uses another three profile modes:
1. Watt (or power) profiles in which the
training intensity is pre-set in watts (W); in display, the higher the
profile, the higher the intensity in watts. In these profiles the wattage is
independent of the pedaling speed (rpm).
2. Resistance profiles in which the training intensity is pre-set in Newton
meters (Nm). In these profiles the torque, i.e. the power needed to turn the
cranks is pre-set. Again, the higher the displayed profile, the higher the
intensity. However, the pedaling effect is the same as with a single-speed
bicycle – the faster you pedal, the higher the output power (= intensity /
watts). In other words, in these profiles the wattage is dependent of the
pedaling speed (rpm).
3. Heart rate controlled profiles in which the profile shows the run of
heart rate during the exercise.